Next sessions: the 25th of May, the 15th of June and the 20th of July at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
It is really useful to attend antenatal classes anytime before your baby is due. It helps you and your partner focus on what is ahead, even if it can’t fully prepare you for the reality of new parenthood!
With the size of the classes kept small; only 15 to 20 people per class, new parents can expect lots of personal attention in a relaxed environment. Small class sizes do mean that places run out fast, so early booking is recommended.
Sessions within the one-day course will provide you with focused knowledge in a time efficient manner. This single three hours session will be presented by a consultant and two midwives and it's designed to help you to acquire the knowledge you need in short length classes.
The classes will cover the significance of early pregnancy tests and their impact on the rest of your pregnancy. It will answer some of the basic questions in relation to your scans and blood tests. It will help you understand pain relief in labour and why all most women can have vaginal births and some need CS.
Sessions within the one-day course include:
● Countdown to labour and how to really prepare your body and build up your reserves
● The right nutrition
● The importance of brain development of the baby in the third stage of pregnancy
● The right mindset to get through labour and the importance of how being positive can effect labour
● Your relationship with your partner in labour and in the early days following the birth
● Relaxation techniques for stress reduction
● Thinking about yourselves as parents
● Connecting with your baby pre and post labour
● Managing stress levels and expectations
● Complementary therapies in preparation for labour and how to use them
● Pain relief and positions for labour
● Breathing during labour
● Top tips for getting through labour
● The early days and transition into parenthood
For those who want a One to One experience, we also provide tailor made classes to specifically meet your needs. These classes are delivered at a time and in a location to suit you, either at your home or at a central London location, with private access to a professional who is a fully qualified and experienced midwife.
Benefits include being able to discuss topics and concerns most relevant to you. You will also learn genuine skills to help make your labour easier and increase your confidence and knowledge about caring for your newborn.